Thursday, November 24, 2011

For What I Am Thankful



For What Am I Thankful?

I am thankful for the parents I had, for they set me on a path that is morally and ethically valuable.


I am thankful for the words of Jesus Christ and the Buddha, which have taught me the purpose of life and confirmed my moral and ethical choices.

I am thankful for having been born in the 20th century, which although frightening and disturbing at times, opened the world of democratic enlightenment to many more people and gave them hope.

I am thankful for having been born in the United States of America, which in the 20th century was primarily responsible for the great democratic enlightenment that opened the world to many more people and gave them hope.

I am thankful for my parents’ generation, which was primarily responsible for the great democratic enlightenment that opened the world to many more people and gave them hope.

I am thankful for my generation, which took hold of the democratic enlightenment and invited more people in, not only through expanding civil liberties and human rights to all races and genders, but for the new global, electronic technology that invited the entire world to participate and enjoy the democratic enlightenment.

May peace be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment